Friday, July 5, 2013

Worlds Best Fudge

The other day I had to open an entire can of Sweetened Condensed Milk just to add a Tablespoon of it to a recipe that I was making. I hate to just waste ingredients! Especially one that is so divine in flavor and semi-expensive to just throw the rest away. So as I was thinking of what recipes I make that uses that yummy goodness in a can the only one that kept coming back to my mind was a recipe from my Father in Law. He makes this stuff every Christmas, in many batches and they are devoured almost immediately. This is the fudge that my husband grew up on so to him it holds special memories and good eating as well. This recipe is ridiculously simple to make and it won't take to long for it to chill so you can enjoy it pretty fast!
Thanks DAD for sharing this recipe with us, and now thanks for allowing me to share it with the world!



3 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup toasted almonds
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk

1. Place all ingredients except the nuts in a large glass bowl.
2. Microwave 1 1/2 minutes. Remove and stir quickly until the ingredients are blended, and smooth.
3. Stir in nuts and pour into a buttered pan.
4. Pat fudge down to fill in all the space (using a greased spatula or greased plastic wrap on your hand works great!)
5. Put fudge in the fridge and chill until it is firm enough to cut.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ The better quality that your ingredients are, the better your fudge will be.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...