Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tropical Fruit Smoothie

I have really been enjoying creating new smoothie mixtures every day. Today I found myself feeling in the mood for an Island getaway so I broke out the mangos!
The fusion of mango, pineapple, and banana create a great blend of a tropical paradise in your mouth! I like to whip these up for a quick boost to a breakfast, or I even use them as a great dessert alternative. You could even throw the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze them for a hot summer day.
The thing I like best about making smoothies is that you can create something different every day. So really how can you get bored of drinking them? Oh and...they are incredibly healthy. I never add any additional sugar or sweetener to mine. This is great because it helps you get in quite a bit of your daily fruit intake needs, which I don't know about you, but I struggle with! So I say, throw it all in the blender and drink it up!
Okay that sounded like an infomercial! I apologize for that! I wrote it at like 6 in the morning a couple of days ago when I had a bunch of time to kill before my little one woke up.



1 cup fresh mango, cubed
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1/2 banana, sliced
1 cup coconut milk

1. Throw it in your blender and mix until smooth!

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Now lets be honest, to make a smoothie good it really depends on the quality of ingredients you put in. If it isn't a great quality, then you may need to add a little sweetener. I would recommend honey or agave nectar before going for the plain old sugar. Not only are those two alternatives better for you, they also don't create that grainy texture that will arise if you use regular sugar.
~ Also, if you want to use all fresh ingredients, then add about a cup of ice to your mixture as well so that you can get that nice cold smoothie texture.
~ You could substitute any of the ingredients for fresh or frozen. It really doesn't matter that much, again, as long as its a decent quality. I used frozen pineapple pieces that were in a Tropical Variety Fruit bag from Costco.
~ If you like your smoothies thicker, add less milk...alternately if you like them more runny, add more milk or you could add a little orange juice, pineapple juice, mango juice, banana juice WHATEVER :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...