Friday, July 12, 2013

Dad's Texas BBQ

Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm. I love BBQ season! And now that I live in the great state of Arizona, its ALWAYS BBQ season! This makes my tummy very happy :)
This BBQ sauce recipe is one that I grew up on. It's one that my dad always used whenever he would do up some ribs. In my opinion I think it would be good on any kind of meat, but you can never go wrong with it when its on some fantastic ribs...
(Yes I did just have to wipe a little drool off my chin...)
If you don't use all of the sauce it can save in the fridge for at least a week, depending on how you store it.
For me, this recipe just brings back fond memories of dad at the grill, mom making some macaroni salad, and me bringing the dishes outside to eat with the family on the deck!

2 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP paprika
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne
2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup. vinegar
1 cup tomato juice
1/2 cup water

1. Combine all ingredients in a medium pot and let simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Slather on your favorite meat (RIBS!) and caramelize on the grill :) ENJOY!

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Its been a while since I have eaten at Tony Roma's but as I recall this sauce tastes quite a bit like theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...