Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tomatillo Dressing

This dressing is out of this world. It is somewhat similar to the El Pollo Loco Dressing recipe I have on here but wow. I do believe this will be my go to dressing from now on. This was absolutely amazing on top of the Shredded Beef Tacos that I made yesterday! Give them both a try, and honestly I think the tacos were so good because this sauce is so amazing!

This photo came from SkinnyTaste, she does have a lightened up version if you are trying to watch your weight. I however, have not tried that version yet, just using the photo. If you try it, let me know what you think about it!


Tomatillo Dressing
1/2 (1 oz.) pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch mix
1/2 c. buttermilk
1/2 c. mayonnaise (I used light)
2 medium tomatillos, husks removed and rinsed well
1/2 - 1 garlic clove, to taste
1/2 small bunch cilantro
juice of 1/2 a lime
1/2 small jalapeno, seeds removed

Put all dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust any flavors as needed. Refrigerate until ready to use. Yield: about 2 cups

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I followed these recipes to a T and they were fantastic. I did think the dressing was a little bit on the runny side so next time I will probably add a little less of the the buttermilk and mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...