Monday, July 8, 2013

Watermelon & Strawberry Smoothie




I love everything about summer. Although living where it is well over 100 every day during the summer isn't necessarily my favorite BUT I do love the heat. Why? Because you can make smoothies every day! I used to try to attempt to make smoothies a few years ago and they were horrible. I always thought, "Oh just throw whatever fruits and veggies you have in your fridge in and it will be fantastic." NOT SO! I have made HORRIBLE ones before.
As of recently I have reached a new milestone. I CAN MAKE A GOOD SMOOTHIE EVERYTIME! I have this wonderful and amazing friend named Paola who makes the most amazing smoothies in this entire world. She gave me ideas and tips on how to create an awesome smoothie. Now I make smoothies every morning to go along with my breakfast!
This particular smoothie recipe was one that she had made at a get together a couple weeks ago. Its cold and refreshing on a hot summer day and not only does it taste great, its good for you! WIN! My version on her smoothie is more of a limeade approach so enjoy!
Remember this smoothie is almost more like a thicker limeade to be honest. If you wish it to taste more like a smoothie and less like a limeade then add less of the lime. Also, if you want your drink to be more liquidy then just add more watermelon, because that is where all your liquid comes from.

2 cups of sliced watermelon
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 lime, juiced

1. Throw all of your ingredients in a good blender and mix them all together until smooth.
*Easy right?!*

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ One thing you need to remember is that the quality of your ingredients will play a major role in how well this turns out.
~ Paola reminded me that if you get your frozen strawberries from Costco, they will be sweeter as they have some added sugars in them. That is the kind I used so I personally didn't need to add any additional sweetener to mine. If yours isn't quite sweet enough, try adding some honey or agave nectar as a substitute to just raw sugar.
~ Also, if you NEEEED more sweetness, try adding more strawberries first before adding sugar. Yes it won't have as much of the watermelon flavor but I would much rather have more strawberry then more sugar if the sweetness is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...