Thursday, August 8, 2013

Garlic Chicken Pizza

Mmm. I love pizza. I think we had pizza everyday this weekend, which was awesome. I love all kinds of pizza, except for some reason I can't quite get into the Hawaiian Pizza. There is just something about the canadian bacon and pineapple that I just don't like. I know, weird right?! But it works out for me because my husband hates that kind of pizza so win win for us!
One thing I like about making your own pizza's at home is that you control what goes on it. You decide how healthy or unhealthy you would like it to be. This is one of my favorite pizza's to make. If you like garlic and the classic flavors of an alfredo pasta then you will like this pizza!



I usually forget that I am making pizza until about 30 minutes before I need to make it, so I have a go to pizza crust recipe that is great for those times when you don't have the time to let it raise. Its a cornmeal crust that gets very crispy, leaving a nice crunch in your mouth!

1 pizza crust (store bought or homemade)
1/2 jar RAGU, Roasted Garlic Parmesan Sauce
1 cup shredded chicken
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
salt and pepper
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 cup spinach leaves, stems removed
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, I only had a blended bag on hand but I usually just use mozzarella
5 basil leaves, sliced

1. Prepare your pizza crust according to directions.
2. While crust is still hot spread white sauce all over it.
3. Add all remaining ingredients, I usually do the cheese on top to hold everything in place.
4. Throw back in the oven until cheese is melted and crust is nice and toasty!

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I like to add a little salt and pepper after I add the tomatoes. It helps to bring out the flavors a little bit more, but it also does create a little bit of extra juice on the pizza, so if you don't want that then wait to add it until its done cooking.
~ These measurements are totally adjustable. These is a rough estimate on what I used on my pizza, but obviously you can change it all around to make it fit your families needs.
~ In the past I have used my own homemade alfredo sauce, store bought alfredo sauce, and this garlic parmessan sauce. All are good, but I usually end up going back to this sauce because it has that extra bit of garlic-y goodness that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...