Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Peach-Mango Smoothie

As I was looking through my fridge and freezer this morning trying to find something to make a smoothie out of, I found a peach and a mango that really needed to be used. I should call this "left-overs" smoothie because I just started throwing in whatever I had left of a few things in my fridge and you know what...it came out great! I love the combination of peaches and mangos. Fruit smoothies are my favorite way to start the morning off. Give this one a try to get your morning going in a healthy way.
1 peach, pit removed and cut into chunks
1 mango, skin and pit removed and cut into chunks
1/2 cup orange juice, I like pulp free
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 cup ice cubes

1. Throw everything in the blender.
2. Drink.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Diet friends, you could easily omit the greek yogurt in this recipe, and just add a little more coconut milk or coconut water. 
~ I like to throw a little bit of ice into my smoothies when I haven't used any frozen fruit. It helps to make the smoothie colder and it gives it a little bit of texture as well. It tastes just the same without the ice cubes so if you like yours nice and smooth then just leave them out.
~ I usually don't add any sugar to my smoothies because I don't feel that they need it, but, if you need a little sweetness I would recommend using either honey or agave nectar. When using plain white sugar it leaves the crystals in it so you will have a gritty texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...