Monday, September 9, 2019

Chicken Alfredo Pasta

My absolute favorite way to use my Homemade Alfredo Sauce is to combine it with grilled or roasted chicken and put it all on top of penne! I feel like I say this about every recipe, but, this really is one of my families favorite recipes!! It's also one of my favorite meals to make for people either when they come to visit my house, or if they need a meal brought to them. It's always a crowd pleaser for both adults and kids. I mean, it's full of cheese...so why wouldn't people like it?!
A few years ago, this recipe was one that my husband would ask for every single week. I generally ask him to think of one recipe that he would like to have the following week and this my friends was always his response, "oh I don't know, maybe some chicken...with some white sauce...and some penne?" EVERYTIME!!! It got so old that I kind of stopped asking him, which I think was his intention all along.

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Alfredo Sauce recipe, or I guess jarred is fine if that's your thing :)
1 box Penne pasta
parsley (optional)
fresh cracked black pepper (optional)
fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)

1. For the chicken breasts, I like to use either grilled chicken or roasted chicken. My directions for roasted chicken can be found here. You can use the roasted chicken recipe, but instead of putting it in the oven, you could grill it over medium high heat until the internal temperature has reached 165. Allow chicken to rest while you finish getting everything else put together.
2. While the chicken is cooking prepare your Alfredo Sauce by following the directions in that recipe. It will take roughly 10 to 15 minutes to prepare from scratch.
3. While chicken is cooking and your sauce is thickening, prepare your pasta by following the directions on the box.
4. To assemble, simply place your pasta on the bottom, add sliced up chicken on top, add a nice serving of sauce, and top with chopped parsley, fresh cracked black pepper, and some fresh Parmesan cheese.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~Some people prefer to eat their chicken Alfredo pasta BAKED, which will get the cheese on top more melted, a little bit crispy, and the sides and top will crisp up as well. I personally don't like it this way but if you do, simply combine your pasta, Alfredo sauce, and sliced or cubed (already cooked) chicken, and place it in a large baking dish. Sprinkle the dish with additional Parmesan cheese. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until the top begins to slightly brown. Remove it from the oven and garnish with parsley and freshly cracked black pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...