Monday, September 2, 2019

Grilled Zucchini

This is a side dish that I have recently fallen in love with and have made many times during the past few weeks. Growing up, pretty much the only way we ever had zucchini was dredge it in egg and flour and fry it in butter. Which don't get me wrong is wonderful...but full of extra calories that you don't need...all the time :).
Keeping things simple in my kitchen is the best way for me to get a healthier meal on the table. These go with any main dish, but especially work great if you are already cooking something out on the grill. Last night we did these up with some grilled corn on the cob and some grilled pork chops and it was amazing! My husband has become quite the grilling master. This side dish is not only healthy but comes together in a matter of minutes. Enjoy!

2 zucchini, medium
olive oil
sea salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
garlic powder (to taste, but roughly 1/2 tsp.)

1. Wash your zucchini and cut the ends off.
2. Cut your zucchini into long strips or I usually cut it in half lengthwise and then into thirds to create spears.
3. Place on a plate and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. (Enough to coat them all nice and well)
4. Toss to coat the zucchini.
5. Place over direct heat on the your grill set to medium high.
6. Depending on how thick you cut your zucchini will affect how long each side takes but I usually only cook each side for 2-3 minutes tops.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Now I like my zucchini with a little crunch to it. To me it helps keep that fresh flavor in it. Soggy zucchini can get stringy and to me just isn't as delicious.
~ On the seasonings, honestly I don't ever measure them. I just give a few good shakes of everything till it looks pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...