Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Sweet N Salty Coconut Chips
I found the same recipe that the patient used. It comes from a site called Whole Lifestyle Nutrition. It looks like they have a whole bunch of healthy snack ideas and healthy recipes.
1/4 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil
3 cups organic coconut flakes
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (more if you want extra salty)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Melt the coconut oil in a jelly roll pan
3. Mix the coconut flakes, sea salt in the coconut oil
4. Bake a total of 8-9 minutes, stirring every 3 until golden brown. Watch carefully, it browns quickly.
5. Pour onto a paper towel – enjoy!
**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I used a tin pie tin to cook mine in but I did half the recipe.
~ I also did end up adding a tiny bit extra salt after I pulled them out of the oven while they were on the paper towel because I felt like a lot of the salt got stuck to the bottom of the pan.