Thursday, February 20, 2014

Creamy Italian Chicken and Rice

I love this stuff. In our family this is known as "Marty's Yummy Chicken and Rice". My sister was the one in our family to discover this amazing recipe many years ago and has long since been passed around and is a favorite in most homes.
This recipe is so simple and has great flavor. You just throw everything in the crock pot and let it do its magic. I like to serve mine up on top of some nice rice but I know some people serve it up over noodles instead. Either way is great.

4-6 Frozen Chicken Breasts
1 TBSP butter
1/2 Chopped onion
1 pkg Dry Italian Dressing mix
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 (8 oz) package Cream Cheese

1. Put chicken in the crock pot.
2. Add butter, onion, and dressing mix.
3. Let cook for 6-7 hours on low.
4. Combine soup and cream cheese and heat through either in microwave or on the stove. Pour over chicken and cook another hour or so
5. Serve over cooked rice or noodles

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Now at the end of my recipe it says that I am supposed to Call Marty and profusely thank her for the yummy recipe~ In fact...maybe I should bake her an apple pie and take it to her. (I sure do love my sister and the way she makes me laugh)
~If your trying to save some money and feed a bunch of people, shred the chicken, it will make the meat go farther!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...