Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Mashed Cauliflower


I have seen mashed cauliflower pop up all over pinterest lately and have been putting it off to try because it sounded a little bit to weird to me. How can cauliflower taste like a mashed potato....yep that is the question ladies and gents but I will tell you what...for some strange reason it really does taste extremely close! I was shocked at how much it really did taste like a heap of mashed potatoes. Mashing cauliflower is lower in carbs and makes for a great alternative if you struggle with potatoes. In fact I know some people will even mix half and half (potatoes and cauliflower) and then you really can't tell a difference at all!





1 head of cauliflower, cut up into pieces
4 cloves of garlic, mashed
fresh chives (optional)
fresh thyme (optional)
sea salt and pepper to taste
Almond milk (if needed to thin it out)


1. Steam or boil cauliflower and garlic until soft.
2. Drain cauliflower (if there is any water left in the pan then your consistency will turn out a little more creamy)
3. Add salt, pepper, and any herbs you want to use and purée with a hand blender. (If you like it a little more on the lumpy side I would say try using just a potato masher first so you can still have that lumpy texture) I personally like mine whipped soft and creamy so the hand blender worked perfect for me.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Really you could use any herbs you like in this. I usually will just use the chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...