Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Chinese Lemon Chicken, Sauce

Last night I tried out this recipe that I found on Pinterest. I have a recipe on here that tastes VERY similar to this one but I personally like my coating on the chicken a lot better. So since I didn't like the coating in this recipe I decided to just add the sauce, because it was pretty good.  I decided to include it since some of you may or may not want to try multiple sauces. I don't know which one I liked better. So my advice, if your going to try it, would be to make my original Lemon Chicken, Hunan Style, and then check out the ingredients for the sauces in each recipe and see which one sounds better to you. They both have some interesting ingredients, and some that may even turn you off, but I promise they are both great.



Lemon Sauce:

½ cup lemon juice
2 tsp powdered chicken stock (For GF, please check your brand)
2 TBSP cornstarch
2 TBSP honey
2½ TBSP brown sugar
1 tsp grated ginger
1¾ cups water

For the sauce, combine all ingredients in a saucepan and stir over a low heat until it boils and then thickens.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Now mine didn't turn out this yellow, so either they added food coloring to theirs to make it brighter or I did something wrong....either way...it still tastes great.
~ I wouldn't suggest just trying it on your finger. It doesn't have the best flavor all by itself but with the chicken it is magical.
~ If you want to check out the original recipe with the batter for the chicken, you can check it out here, but like I said. I wasn't a huge fan of the batter, it wasn't very crunchy and with it having so much egg in it I thought it tasted kind of soggy like it had scrambled eggs on it.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...