Thursday, June 6, 2013

Roasted Salmon

As of the past few months I have been trying to make foods more basic...you know? Take it back to how they used to prepare food. Simple. Clean. Delish! I used to always think you had to marinade everything or cover everything up with some sauce, but lately I've been sticking to plain old olive oil, salt, and pepper and roasting and everything comes out amazing. Not only is keeping things simple less expensive, but its also healthier. Last night I made the most amazing mouth watering salmon and it was fantastic. I've made it a few times this way and it has never failed me yet.
I don't usually go out and buy fresh fish. Its to expensive for me right now, so the closest thing I have found that has a really good flavor is the frozen Atlantic Salmon from Costco. The pieces are nice and thick and have that REAL fish flavor, instead of the other bags of fish you buy at most grocery stores that are thin and...well only slightly resemble fish. Anyway, the Costco kind is what I happened to be using this time.



There really is no recipe here its just a method of cooking but:

Salmon
olive oil
salt
pepper

Basically just lather up your salmon with olive oil, add salt and pepper and throw it in the oven. I usually cook mine on a cookie sheet, since I usually throw in some sweet potatoes and or other veggies as well. Depending on the thickness of your fish, you may need to adjust your time of cooking. I usually cook mine at 425 degrees for around 9-10 minutes, give or take a minute or two on each end depending on the thickness. Mine yesterday was about and inch and half thick so I let it go for 10 minutes and it was perfect. So tender and juicy. Mmm.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Now we all know I'm no chef so if your wondering if not having anything else on the pan or cooking it in a different type of dish will affect how long its in or the temperature it should be on...I can't tell ya. I know I have also cooked it at 375 degrees for about 12-13 minutes and it came out about the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...