Monday, June 17, 2013

Triple Citrus Chicken Marinade

Happy Monday All! I love Mondays. People always think that I am crazy when I say that or that I am joking. But I really do love Mondays. Its a brand new start to a week. There are no mistakes in it yet. For example...
Didn't eat to healthy over the weekend? That's okay start again on Monday.
Didn't exercise as good as you wanted to? That's okay, start again on Monday.
Your house is a disaster from playing all weekend? That's okay you have a whole week to get it clean before its a disaster again!
My list of "oopsies" and "oh wells" could go on for miles but you get the picture.
So here is a recipe that fits into a few of those "I will start again on Monday" sayings. Its healthy, its simple, its easy, its fresh, and clean up is a breeze. The best part of grilling food to me is that usually there is no clean up, the food always taste fabulous, and it keeps the heat out of the house (now that I am living in Arizona that is always a plus when cooking now)
This chicken is great alone, or I would think it would be fantastic chopped up and put on a salad with some fresh orange segments and a cilantro lime dressing..mmmm. I personally served mine up with a side of grilled corn on the cob and some grilled zucchini.




½ cup lime juice
3 whole crushed bay leaves
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
4 whole minced garlic cloves
½ cup orange juice
2 teaspoons black pepper
½ cup olive oil
½ cup lemon juice

5-6 chicken breasts (or any part of the chicken really)

Combine all the ingredients.

Add your chicken and leave it to marinade for an hour or two.

Grill or broil it, brushing the marinade over the chicken a few times during cooking.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I used 5 chicken breasts in mine and it was just the right amount of marinade. In the original recipe there wasn't an amount of chicken so I kind of guessed but it worked out great. I think it easily could have covered a couple more if it needed to.
~ Fresh ingredients work the best and have more flavor, but if all you have is stuff from the fridge by all means you are still going to get some fantastic chicken!
~ I personally only baste the chicken right when I put it on the grill because I am terrified of putting the raw chicken liquid on the cooked chicken. I personally wouldn't recommend basting it after it is cooking unless you have a fresh new batch of marinade.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! This sounds SO good! I am going to have to try this. I know you are new to the ward. Paola and I are really good friends and she told me that you blog too! Awesome! I love your blog. We will all have to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kimberly! Thanks for stopping by and for the sweet comments! YES! Lets all get together soon that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...