Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Orange Jello Salad

Today is one of those days where I could whip up a batch of this salad and just snarf the whole thing down. Its cold and refreshing on a hot summer day. Yes it may not be the healthiest thing for you but I will tell you what, its healthy enough for me. Its got mandarin oranges in it, what else do you need. ;)
This is a recipe that my mother in law makes for holiday's and special dinners. So for my husband it brings back special memories. I am trying to continue the tradition of making this for special holidays or in this case I want to make it just because it is hot outside. I think the reason I like this salad recipe more then others that I have seen online is the fact that it doesn't have cottage cheese in it...which is fantastic because cottage cheese makes me want to barf, and that isn't a good thing.
It's simple, quick, and doesn't require a lot of ingredients.

1 large package of orange jello (6 oz) NOT sugar free
1 large package of vanilla pudding (4.6 oz) cook and serve kind
2 1/2 cups water
Bring all of those ingredients to a boil and cool in the fridge. Once cooled add:
2 cups cream (whipped) or 4 cups whipped cream from the store
2 cans mandarin oranges
Fold these ingredients into the jello mixture and let it sit in the fridge to set. (At least a couple of hours, but overnight is great)

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Im sure this would be good with many different jello flavorings and fruit. I have not tried them but am guessing they would be equally delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...