Friday, April 8, 2011

Easy Eggs Florentine


After I had a great workout this morning I went to reach for my normal breakfast of cold cereal and thought to myself..hmmm theres got to be something a little better then this in my fridge. As I was rummaging through my fridge I came across some spinach and eggs and I remembered I had seen a Weight Watchers version of eggs florentine and I thought I would kind of try that. Kind of. The original recipe called for only egg whites and turning them into scrambled eggs with the spinach but I changed it up a tiny. Enjoy.



1 slice red onion, chopped
1 big handful of spinach
1 egg
salt and pepper
little bit of your favorite cheese, shredded
1/2 english muffin

In a small skillet saute onion. When onion is done, add spinach and cook until wilted down. Place spinach and onion mixture on top of a toasted english muffin. Cook egg however you like them (I prefer them to be a little runny, but any kind would be good). Sprinkle cheese over spinach and add egg on top.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ This recipe seriously took me less then 5 minutes to make and it was pretty darn yummy.
~ If you prefer more fat, go ahead and make the more then heavenly hollandaise sauce instead of the cheese...but that will take a while.
~ You could use some of your favorite dairy free cheese or just leave it off all together to make this dairy free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...