Thursday, April 7, 2011

Orange Julius


I had forgotten how much I loved these until Sam whipped out the blender the other night and made some. Why go and buy them when they are plenty easy to make at home with ingredients that most people have?! Simple, refreshing, and just plain good.
I remember when I was a kid, every time I would go to the mall I would want to stop in the food court to get one of these. I also remember the day they took it out of the food court and filled in the area with another clothes store...it was a sad day for many.



1/3 cup orange juice concentrate (frozen)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
ice cubes

Combine all in blender and mix until desired consistency.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Another version I have used of this is using 1 cup milk (no water), 1 tsp. vanilla, and 1/4 cup powdered sugar as well as the regular sugar. You can decide which you like better! (This one seems a bit stronger)
~ To make this dairy free you could try to sub in your favorite non dairy milk. Yes it will not taste exactly like the originals, but chances are, If you are dairy free you probably haven't had an original one to compare it to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...