Thursday, April 7, 2011

Baked Potato Soup


Since its snowing outside when it is supposed to be nice and sunny it got me wishing that I had a nice pot of my favorite homemade soup on the stove. This is pretty much the only soup that I make from scratch probably because its really easy. Hmm maybe I need to start branching out a little bit.



1/2 cup butter
1 small onion
1/2 cup flour (For GF, sub in your favorite alternative flour such as almond or quinoa)
2 cans chicken broth
2 cups milk
3 large baked potatoes


1. Saute onion in butter and add flour.
2. When flour has cooked a little bit add chicken broth and milk. Stir with whisk until thickened Add more milk to thin if it is to thick.
2. Add potatoes, peeled and diced first of course.
3. Let it simmer until desired thickness.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I like to sprinkle the top with green onions, crumbled bacon, and cheddar cheese.
~ If you don't have chicken broth (which I rarely do for some reason) I just add chicken bouillon to some water (2-2 1/2 cups water and maybe a couple spoon fulls of bouillon)
~ To make this gluten free, try using your favorite alternative flour. I bet quinoa flour would be great and almond flour would be grand as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...