Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sloppy Joes


Yes yes I know that most people love to open up a fresh can of Manwhich, throw it in the microwave and call it dinner...but...I love homemade sloppy joes. They don't take that much more effort and taste soooo much better (well at least in my opinion).



2 pounds ground beef (or ground turkey, which is what I use)
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 TBSP flour
6 TBSP ketchup
1/2 TBSP. mustard
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. vinegar

Brown beef and onion together. Drain off grease and add flour. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes and add remaining ingredients.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I usually don't measure everything I just kinda know it by heart now so these measurements might be a tiny bit off. This is from the original recipe but I believe I usually add a little more of the Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
~ UPDATE~ I ALWAYS make my sloppy joes with ground turkey now and it is fantastic. In fact, I have a niece who won't eat anybody else's sloppy joes except mine. Its the same recipe but the ground turkey tastes sooooo nice in it!

**Freezer Instructions**
~ You can make this dish all the way and put in a freezer safe, microwave safe container.
~ When ready to eat, make sure you thaw it out and just reheat it all in the microwave. Now how easy is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...