Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fabulous Fast Shrimp


I found this recipe a few years ago in a Campbells Soup Book. Its one of my favorite ways to prepare shrimp now. You wouldn't think from looking at the ingredients that this would taste very good but I promise it has a good flavor. Its fast, easy, and affordable if you get the shrimp on a good sale.



Prep/Cook Time: 20 minutes

1 TBSP butter
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 lb. shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup water
Dash of cayenne pepper
Hot cooked rice
Paprika

1. Heat butter in skillet. Add celery, green pepper and green onions and cook until tender. Add shrimp and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until done.
2. Add soup, water and cayenne pepper and heat through. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with paprika.
Serves 4

**Randi's Side Notes**
~The only advice I have on this one is when cooking the veggies, cook them on a lower heat so that you can get them cooked through without burning them.
~I'm not a huge fan of cooked celery so I only add one stalk and cut it up as small as possible.
~I also like to add a clove of garlic to the veggies on occasion, but in my opinion garlic is almost always a must in every recipe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...