Tuesday, June 1, 2010
This is a close comparrison to Applebees Blonde Brownie. I could eat (and have) this every single day and never get sick of it! If you haven't tried it at Applebees then you my friend are missing out on something special. When Sam and I were dating we used to go there all the time just so we could split one. Now that I have found a recipe that I can make at home, it makes it all the more easier to enjoy it without breaking the bank.
1 cup sifted flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 TBSP vanilla extract
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp. maple extract or maple flavoring
1. Brownies: Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Add nuts, mix well, and set aside.
3. Melt butter, add brown sugar, and mix well.
4. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
5. Gradually combine with flour mixture, mixing well.
6. Stir in white chocolate chips.
7. Pour into a 9-inch square pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
8. Sauce: Combine syrup and butter, cook over low heat until butter is melted.
9. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved and remove from heat.
10. Beat in cream cheese and maple extract until smooth.
11. Heat again in the microwave until it reaches desired consistency.
**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Okay every time I make this for some reason I cannot get the cream cheese to fully mix into the sauce. So just a warning that your sauce may look a little lumpy but it still tastes fine.
~ Also, there is a ton of sauce leftover, so you could probably half the recipe for the sauce and be just fine.
~ I serve mine with some good French Vanilla Ice Cream and some candied walnuts to top it off.