Friday, December 27, 2019

Breakfast Cheesecake

This is such a busy time of year! The last thing I want to be worrying about in the morning is what I am going to feed people. This has become a traditional Christmas breakfast/brunch for us, because it can be made the night before or days in advance and still taste amazing, which makes it perfect for a busy season. It is on the sweet side, so I will usually have some hashbrowns and bacon to go along with it, but those aren't to hard to prepare.
As much as I love this recipe at Christmas time, this recipe holds a little bit of special meaning to me as well because it was the first "meal" that one of my friends brought to me when I had my first child. She brought it with a huge bowl of mixed fruit and it was the most unique and helpful meal I received. Dinner is great, but people often forget about breakfast. So the reason it holds special meaning is because I was able to eat it for several breakfasts, and even some midnight snacks while I was home with my first newly born child and in survival mode for the first time ever. Ever since then, I have made this for others who have recently had a baby.
But you don't need a special occasion to have this. 😀 This also makes for a great dessert!


2 cans Crescent rolls
2 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk (don't throw away the whites)
1 tsp. vanilla

Topping:
1 egg white
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tap cinnamon

1.  Preheat oven to 350.

2.  Spread one can of the rolls on the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Try to cover all of the bottom with no cracks. Sometimes I have to gently pull on the dough or even roll it out to get it to fit right.

3. In a medium sized bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg YOLK with mixer.

4. Spread cream cheese mixture over the dough.

5. Top with second can of rolls, again try to not have any cracks.

6.  Gently brush the top of the dough with egg whites, you won't use all of them. Just enough to coat.

7. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle over the top of the egg whites. You can use as much of this mixture as you like.

8. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until done. The top will become golden brown.

9. Place on counter to cool and then place in the fridge to chill. Eat cold.
(It can be eaten warm but I don't think it tastes nearly as good)

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ If you don't want to use the egg whites on top, you can use 1/4 cup of melted butter instead.

2 comments:

  1. Made this delicious recipe once already. It was so good, and the ladies at work loved it, too. Making it again tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...