Monday, December 16, 2019

Pastrami Chili Cheese Fries

Okay this recipe is by no means healthy AT ALL BUT man is it delicious and easy and brings back so many memories.
This is my Ode to The Hat. This is one place that I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss about
living in California. This is probably one of the most unhealthy things you can possibly eat, but it is absolutely one of the best things you will ever eat. They are famous for their ginormous Pastrami sandwiches, which are also amazingly fantastic and consist of pastrami, pickles, and mustard. This is what most people order. After going there with a "Hat Pro" we ordered the (not on the menu) Pastrami Chili Cheese Fries. Oh my goodness. Since I know most of you aren't from California and can't visit The Hat, I have created the same recipe that I use at home. Granted it isn't exactly like The Hat, because their pastrami is out of this world (and I don't even like pastrami) but its a great homemade alternative.

1 bag fries
1 can chili (or make homemade for even better flavor)
3/4 lb good pastrami
shredded cheese *shred your own for gluten free*

Additional Toppings I find necessary but others don't:
mustard
pickles

1. Preheat the oven and bake fries according to the package. I would recommend using a thicker crinkle cut fry.

2. While fries are baking, heat up your chili on the stop, or microwave. Again homemade would be fantastic if you have a favorite, or just canned works fine since its covered up by other ingredients.

3. To prepare the pastrami, I would recommend getting the best you can find sliced very thin like sandwich meat. Then take that pastrami and slice it into small 1 inch by 2 inch pieces. Throw the pastrami in a pan with a small amount of olive oil. This heats the pastrami up while giving it a little crispiness.

4. When fries are done, load those babies up.

~Fries,cheese,chili,cheese,pastrami,.....mustard, and pickles!~

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Like I mentioned, I slather my whole plate in mustard and pickles, but nobody else in my family likes it this way. I would at least give it a try because it adds so much flavor. It reminds me somewhat of the flavors found in a Cuban Sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...