Monday, December 9, 2019

Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower

Is everybody else's bodies just exhausted from the massive amounts of over eating from the last couple of weeks?! Mine is. From having 3 birthdays, Thanksgiving, and a baptism, my body has been feeling a bit like it needs a break from the carbs and sugar. Thus the need to blog about a few more of my favorite Anti-Inflammatory recipes. Can you have to many? I don't think so.
This recipe here has been one that I have made over and over again.
Usually I'm not a huge cauliflower fan but roasting it does amazing things to it and honestly the turmeric seasoning and other spices make this recipe a keeper in my book.
I'm always looking for new ways to cook vegetables. Side dishes in my house get pretty boring and I feel like I get in this cycle of "okay do I roast it, steam it, or just boil it to tar tonight?"
I'm so glad that I have a side dish now that has amazing flavors, is healthy, and looks beautiful in color!

6 heaping cups of cauliflower
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 TBSP cilantro, chopped

1. Preheat your oven to 450°F.

2. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.

3. Take your cauliflower and cut it into bit sized pieces, roughly 1 inch pieces, and combine with minced garlic on the baking sheet.

4. Using a small bowl, combine all of the spices. Sprinkle over the cauliflower and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat.

5. Spread the cauliflower out on the baking sheet being careful to not overlap the pieces for even cooking.

6. Bake until browned on the edges and fork tender, roughly 15-20 minutes (could be longer if your pieces are bigger).

7. Remove from the oven and garnish with cilantro.


**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I will mention that when roasting vegetables you do want to pull them out before they are super mushy. Vegetables cooked to the point of being able to be squished with a fork have lost a lot of flavor and usually tend to be more oily. I like to cook mine just on the side of barely being fork tender but still have a tiny bit of crunch. It will also cook just a little bit longer once pulled out so something that may have come out of the oven just how you like it, may be mushy by the time you get it to your table. (Just some thoughts)

This recipe is from a cookbook that I received for Christmas a couple of years ago. It's from a blogger that I absolutely LOVE and if you follow my blog at all know that I follow this lady like crazy because I have never had a bad recipe from her site!  If you like this recipe I highly encourage the purchase of her cookbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...