Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Sweet Coleslaw

This coleslaw is fan freakin' tastic! Definitely my go to recipe.
This is a sweet coleslaw, which I personally like a lot better then those hard core coleslaws you buy at the store.
I have made this recipe many many times now and love it just as much as I did the first time. This is a great side dish that takes very little time to pull together (as long as you let it sit in the fridge) and goes with just about everything! My personal favorite thing to serve this with is my Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches.


1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
2 TBSP onion, chopped
2/3 cup mayo
3 TBSP vegetable oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1 TBSP white vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp poppy seeds

1.Combine the coleslaw mix and onion in a large bowl.
2.Whisk together the salad dressing, vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, and poppy seeds in a medium bowl; blend thoroughly.
3. Pour dressing mixture over coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ This recipe does get really liquidy after it sits for a long time...but that is just what happens when you have certain ingredients that react with each other. So make sure you serve this with a slotted spoon or tongs.
~ I generally make my coleslaw the morning I plan to eat it for dinner. This allows plenty of time for the flavors to combine and leaves less work to be done at dinner time.
~ If the coleslaw doesn't sit for the minimum of 2 hours you will get kind of a raw sugar taste that's kind of gritty. So make sure you let it sit to get the sugar to dissolve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...