Friday, August 2, 2019

Lemon Butter Rice

I don't know about you guys but we eat rice 2-3 times a week. It's one of those sides that goes good with literally everything AND fills you up AND is versatile in flavor. This recipe is one that I created because I didn't want to serve just plain old rice with all of the different Greek/Mediterranean dishes I do. I tried so many different recipes for lemon rice on Pinterest and they were just WAY to powerhouse in lemon flavor for my liking. This rice side dish, I feel, has the perfect blend of butter and lemon to add just a bit of freshness to your average rice, but isn't soaked in so much flavor that you gag.

This recipe serves my family of 4 with just a little bit of leftover rice.

2 TBSP butter
1 cup rice (I prefer to use Basmatti rice for everything)
1 tsp. salt
2 cups water
1 TBSP butter, cut into small cubes
1/2 small lemon, zested and juiced
1 TBSP parsley, minced very well

1. Melt butter in medium pot over medium-high heat.
2. When butter is melted, add rice, stir to coat. Allow rice to cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally to prevent to much browning from happening.
3. Add salt and water. Bring to a boil.
4. Once water has come to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. (Time may vary based on what kind of pot you are using)
5. Add cubed butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, and parsley and fluff together with a fork. (If not enough flavor add more zest and juice)

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I prefer to use fresh lemons for the juice in this recipe because it has a more mild and bright flavor. If you want a more intense lemon flavor then the liquid kind you buy at the store will work fine, but again, won't be quite as fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...