Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Quick Pizza Dough

I love making homemade pizza. It allows everybody in our house to have exactly what they want and there is no arguing over so and so's topping getting on the others slice. Plus, it costs a lot less so there's a double win.
The only issue I USED to have was.... I always forgot to make the dough until about an hour before dinner needed to be ready.
I am so happy that I found this recipe. It doesn't take hours to prepare and it actually tastes great, which means more wins for me!
I've used this recipe to make pizza and breadsticks.



1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round.
5. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I personally like to use bread flour when I make this dough, just to help it be a little more light.
~ I usually like my crust pretty thick so I like to pre bake my dough for 7-10 minutes and then add all my toppings on. Just to make sure the dough is actually done. To me there isn't anything worse then dough that isn't cooked.
~Also FYI if you use the jarred yeast the measurements are 2 1/4 tsp. for 1 packet of yeast.
~ To make this freezer friendly I have seen it done two ways. You could just freeze the dough after making it, although I have never actually tried this I have bought dough from the store that has been frozen and it seemed to work just fine. Or you could just make the pizza crust and brown it up in the oven. Pull it out and let it cool. Place toppings on it and then freeze it. Then just pop it in the oven frozen at 450 for probably 10-15 minutes when you're ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...