Friday, February 20, 2015
Whole Wheat Pancakes
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
3 tsp. Baking powder
3 TBSP brown sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2 well beaten egg YOLKS
1 1/4 cups milk
3 TBSP oil
2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
1. Combine flour, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt in mixing bowl.
2. In another bowl combine egg yolks, milk, and oil.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
4. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
5. Heat griddle to 350. Spread enough coconut oil on griddle to lightly coat.
6. Using 1/3 cup, drop batter onto griddle.
7. Bake until golden brown and bubbles start to form on top, then turn. Bake until cooked through.
**Randi's Side Notes**
- You don't have to use coconut oil to grease your pan with. That's just what we person ally use in our home. You could use butter, or even just spray.
- To freeze - simply put a small square of parchment paper in between each pancake and put them in a freezer bag. I always have these in my freezer for a quick and easy homemade hot breakfast.