For valentine's day this year we decided to stick to kind of the traditional steak and shrimp meal. We usually opt to stay at home and cook together rather then going out and waiting forever for a table in a crowded restaurant.
Anyway, instead of having just a plain steak this year we decided to jazz it up with some garlic butter. This recipe was so incredibly easy and very delicious. It took a plain old, still good, steak to another level, without having to really do anything to it.
I found this recipe on AllRecipes. I usually go to this site when I need a good recipe fast and just look for one that has the highest ratings with lots of reviews.
1/2 cup butter
2 tsp. garlic powder
4 cloves garlic , minced
4 Pounds of steak
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
2. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat with garlic powder and minced garlic. Set aside.
3. Sprinkle both sides of each steak with salt and pepper.
4. Grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. When done, transfer to warmed plates. Brush tops liberally with garlic butter, and allow to rest for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
**Randi's Side Notes**
- I had 2 big ribeye steaks so I decided to half the recipe and it was just enough to cover the tops of each.
- I served mine up with a nice Caesar salad, roasted asparagus, and sautéed garlic shrimp scampi. Best meal of my life.