Wednesday, February 18, 2015

French Dip Sandwich


I love french dip. It's easy and no matter how you make it, it always comes out tasting delish. I uses to always eat it the classic way with just the meat, horseradish, and bun but lately I've been venturing out and trying some different ways. I believe I have found a keeper. If you like banana peppers you will love this recipe. I love the extra zing you get from cooking the meat with the peppers. Give it  a try. It won't disappoint.
I found this recipe online from The Pioneer Woman. She did have another suggestion for another Asian style version of a french dip sandwich as well.

1 whole Beef Chuck Roast,  2.5 To 4 Pounds
1 can Beef Consomme Or Beef Broth
3 Tablespoons (heaping) Italian Seasoning
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup Water
1/2 jar (16 Oz) Pepperoncini Peppers, With Juice Buttered, Toasted Deli Rolls

1. Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Stir lightly to combine seasoning with the liquid.

2. Cover and bake in crock pot on low for 5 to 6 hours, or until meat is fork-tender and falling apart. **If meat is not yet tender, return to crock pot for 30 minute intervals till it's tender!**

3. Remove from crock pot. With two forks, completely shred all meat, leaving no large chunks behind. Serve immediately, or keep warm over a simmer on the stove.

May make the day before, then store in the refrigerator. Remove the hardened fat from the top before reheating.

Serve on buttered, toasted rolls. Top with cheese and melt under the broiler if desired. Serve with juices from the pot.

**Randi's Side Notes**
- I personally didn't use much of the cooked peppers on my sandwich and added some fresh crunchy ones instead.
- I always use Provalone cheese on mine but that's because it's my favorite cheese to use on most everything.
- I also did not add 3 TBSP of the Italian seasoning. That sounded like a massive amount so I just did 1 extremely heaping one and it was great.
- She cooks hers in the oven at 275 for this amount of time, but I changed it to crock pot cuz that's what I used and it seemed a lot easier.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...