Friday, March 18, 2011

Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes


I think I could eat these mashed potatoes every day! Course, I am a huge garlic fan so I would just about eat the roasted garlic themselves if Sam wouldn't stop me every time. Mmmm okay just thinking about these is making me almost jump off my soft spot on the couch to make some, even though it is way past dinner time. Adding the roasted garlic to these potatoes gives it such a better flavor then simply boiling the garlic in with the potatoes while they are cooking.



3 large potatoes
6 garlic cloves
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste

Place unpeeled garlic cloves in a small baking dish. Drizzle with 2 TBSP olive oil, and salt. Bake 35-40 minutes at 325. Meanwhile peel potatoes and put in water. Boil until done. Drain potatoes and beat in butter and milk.
Pull garlic out of the oven and remove skins. Mash into the potatoes.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ So I changed how to bake the garlic just a little bit.
Drizzle with olive oil and salt, and cover with foil.
Bake large ones for 20-25 minutes
Bake small ones for 15-20 minutes
~ I usually end up adding a little garlic salt to the potatoes as well, just because I can't get enough.
~ Yes I believe I will go and eat a whole bowl full now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...