Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Onion Pie


Yes. It is a pie made of onions. AND you know what, I LOVE IT! I almost always end up eating this entire pie myself, which you know what, is FINE by me. If you love onions then you should give this a try. This is a recipe that I grew up with. My mom would make this every time we had meatloaf.



1 cup fine saltine cracker crumbs
1/4 cup melted butter
2 cups thinly sliced onions
2 TBSP butter
3/4 cup milk
2 slightly beaten eggs
dash of pepper and salt
1/4 cup shredded cheese
paprika

Mix cracker crumbs in melted butter. Press into the bottom and sides of 8" pie plate. Cook onions in 2 TBSP butter, stirring to seperate into rings, until onions are tender but not brown; place in pie shell. Combine milk, eggs, salt and pepper and pout over onions. Sprinkle pie with shredded cheese and a dash of paprika.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Make sure that your onions dont get brown at all. It makes them kind of tough to chew through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...