Sunday, August 29, 2010

Poppy Seed Chicken


This is a recipe that I got from my Grandma Weatherston. I had never had it until a few years ago and then all of the sudden I started seeing it everywhere. Maybe I was just out of the loop of this good recipe but its a keeper in my book. Enjoy!
Oh yeah, forgive the horrible picture. I forgot to take a picture of this until I was getting ready to put it in the fridge so sorry if it doesn't actually look very appetizing..it really is I promise!



10 Chicken Breasts
2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
2 Cups Sour Cream
2 Packages of Ritz Crackers (beat into crumbs)
1 Cube Butter
1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds

1-Boil the chicken until done.
2-Combine soup, sour cream, and poppy seeds.
3-Put chicken in 9x13 pan. Spread soup mixture over top. Sprinkle Ritz crumbs over top. Melt butter and drizzle over crumbs. Bake at 350˚ for 45 minutes

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I normally cut this in half. And I like to cut the chicken breasts into strips so that it gives the illusion of there being a lot more.
~ I also like to serve this over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...