Sunday, August 1, 2010

Spinach-Stuffed Mushrooms


So up until a few years ago I was not a huge mushroom fan. I was at my sister-in-law's house one day and they had made these as an appetizer and I refused to eat them. Basically I was dared to eat one, and to show how brave I was :) I ate one... and now I make these anytime I am asked to bring an appetizer somewhere.



1-1/2 cups hot water
1 pkg.(6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
40 fresh mushrooms (2 lb.)
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese

1- Heat oven to 400ºF.
2- Add hot water to stuffing mix in large bowl; stir just until moistened. Set aside. Remove stems from mushrooms; chop stems. Melt butter in skillet on medium heat. Add chopped stems and garlic; cook and stir 5 min. or until tender. Add to stuffing with spinach and cheeses; mix well.
3- Spoon into mushroom caps. Place, filled-sides up, in shallow pan.
4- Bake 20 min. or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Sometimes I have way to much of the filling leftover, so if I don't just eat it while I am waiting for the mushrooms to cook, I have saved it and used it to stuff some chicken breasts with. Just a thought :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...