Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Smothered Burritos


Okay I have gotten this recipe from a couple of different people now and I thought I had this recipe on here, but realized I hadn't. I make this recipe all the time and it is so delicious and I would almost, probably, say that this is the best recipe ever made lol. Oh yeah and don't judge based on the picture please. I haven't remembered to take a good picture of this one yet so I found this one online of the same thing....which is TOTALLY smothered. I will get a better one up later. But I had to share the recipe now. :)



Sweet Pork:
1 cup salsa
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup dr. pepper
pork sirloin (about 2 pounds)

1- Mix first 3 ingredients and pour 2/3 over roast in crock pot. Cook on low for 6 or more hours. One hour before serving shred the pork and add remaining salsa and simmer.
2- Put in tortilla with beans and rice and "smother" with salsa verde and cheese.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Okay so I serve the pork with "jazzed up" black beans, which consists of adding some garlic, cumin, cayenne pepper, and tomato sauce to it. I also put just plain old white rice in them as well.
~ Other optional, but completely necessary in my book, ingredients are fresh chopped up onions, cilantro, limes, and montery jack cheese.
~ For gluten free either use a gluten free tortilla or just serve the pork over rice and beans.
~ To make this freezer friendly you could do one of two ways. You could freeze the roast with the marinade without cooking it. OR go ahead and cook it ahead of time, shred it, and freeze it in the liquid in bags. Then all you have to do is reheat it either in the slow cooker or just microwave it. I also freeze any leftover salsa verde, beans and rice. ALL freeze beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...