Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies

To get personal for a bit, my daughter and I have both been struggling with Rheumatoid Arthritis and it seems like since my daughter started kindergarten she had been having pain every single day. This was so frustrating to me as her parent. I am used to the pain because I have dealt with it my whole life, but to see her suffer breaks my heart. Anyway, with her being in pain so often, we decided it was time to get serious and get her food triggers figured out so that we could at least keep her pain to a minimum.
So long story short, I have been trying out a bunch of new recipes to post for you guys and I will work hard to get them on here!
This recipe that I found is not only awesome, but it all cooks in one pan which makes for a less hectic clean up process. We had this recipe on DAY 1 of our journey through the diet. I liked it because it made a massive amount of food and had plenty of leftovers to have for lunches throughout the week. This recipe is super versatile because all veggies and seasonings can be swapped out for your preferences.


1 large sweet potato
1 red pepper
1 large head of broccoli
16 ounces  Turkey or Chicken Sausages
1 TBSP Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
3 TBSP Olive Oil

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray your pan or line it so that veggies won't stick. Set aside.

2. Prep the veggies by cutting them all into bite sized pieces. For the sweet potato, you can leave the skin on or peel it (I always peel it, but I know some like the peel).

3. Place veggies into a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and seasonings. Toss to coat.

4. Once thoroughly coated place on baking tray. Add chicken sausages.

5. Place in the heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and toss around the veggies + sausage and return to the oven if veggies and sausage are not fully cooked. (Everybody has a different preference as to how crisp or soft they like their veggies so use your best judgement on timing based on your preferences).

6. Remove and top, if desired, with fresh parsley.


**Randi's Side Notes**
~ When I do the sweet potatoes, sometimes I will add one red and one white and just use smaller ones.
~ This recipe is so versatile. I have made this so many different ways, with different sausages and with different veggies. Play around and fine out what your favorite combinations are.


2 comments:

  1. Made this for dinner tonight!! We used butternut squash in place of the broccoli and added a couple russet potatoes. My 3 picky kids actually ate this with no complaints. My 9 year old daughter helped make it too. It was nice to have an easy quick meal that my kids can help out with. Will keep this recipe for one of our regulars now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the additions you made! I'm glad to hear it tasted good and that the whole family could enjoy it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...