Thursday, June 13, 2019

Fantastic Waffles

Lately my mornings have been starting off with a waffle. Every morning I ask my girls what they would like for breakfast and it is almost always waffles.
Usually my husband is in charge of making waffles on Saturday mornings but we went through those ones pretty fast a few weeks ago so when she asked for some on Monday I grabbed my trusty Better Homes and Garden book and made waffles. I don't know if just made them wrong or what but I did not like them anymore. (Even though that is the recipe we have used for years).
So I quickly ran to my trusty Pinterest and found this yummy recipe from food.com.
Its great. Probably because its loaded with butter but oh baby its good. The thing I really like about these waffles is that you whip the egg whites and fold them into the batter which makes the waffles so light. You won't regret trying this recipe out! Especially with some good homemade syrup...mmm..yummy yummy! ENJOY!

1 1/3 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
2 eggs, separated
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 3/4 cups milk

1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.

2. In a large enough liquid measuring cup, measure out the milk.

3. Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the milk, and placing the whites in a small mixing bowl. Whisk together the egg yolk and the milk until well combined.

4. Add milk mixture to dry ingredients. Slowly whisk to combine while also slowly stirring in the melted butter.

5. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.

5. Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.

6. Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron and bake.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ To freeze simply place the waffles between small pieces of parchment paper and fill a freezer bag with them. When ready to use you can simply pop them out one at a time and put them in the toaster oven and they will taste just as fresh as the day you made them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...