Monday, June 11, 2012

Roasted Broccoli & Other Veggies


This has become one of our favorite side dishes. I grew up only having vegetables cooked on the stove, covered in water...and what I never knew was that you get soooo much more flavor when you roast your veggies.
Down below in my side notes are other vegetable ideas that are fantastic roasted. There is just something about roasting vegetables that makes them a lot more enjoyable to eat. I have had multiple people tell me that they don't like vegetables, and then I would roast some for them and cook them right (not overcooking them) and I have been able to change a few minds.


2 bunches of broccoli
2 cloves of garlic, sliced or minced
Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Pepper

1. Wash off your broccoli and cut into bite sized pieces. Make sure you cut them all around the same size otherwise your cooking times will be off and some will be mushy and some will still be raw.
2. Put broccoli and garlic on a non-stick baking sheet.
3. Drizzle with enough olive oil to coat but not totally saturate, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Toss with hands to coat.
5. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes depending on your oven and size of broccoli.(I like to use my nose at this point. Once I start to smell the broccoli I know it is time to pull it out)

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ If you are a big garlic lover like myself, I would just sliver the garlic instead of mincing it. The garlic gets all nice and roasty toasty and I love to eat it just by itself.
~ I cook my green beans, cauliflower, asparagus, sweet potatoes, etc. all the exact same way (except on the cauliflower I add a little freshly squeezed lemon juice on top to bring out some more brightness).
~ You can also add some freshly shredded Parmesan cheese when it comes out of the oven. (This would not be Anti-Inflammatory diet approved until you can have cheese of course)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...