Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Baked Shrimp Scampi


I must admit that I REALLY liked this recipe. I made this as a freezer meal. It does take a little bit of time to make, but once you have it in the freezer, it thaws out AMAZINGLY well and all you have to do is bake it.
Who wouldn't like a fancy 5 star recipe pulled right out of the freezer?



2 pounds (12-15 count) shrimp in the shell
3 TBSP olive oil
2 TBSP dry white wine
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 TBSP (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
4 tsp. minced garlic (4 cloves)
1/4 cup minced shallots
3 TBSP minced fresh parsley leaves
1 tsp minced fresh rosemary leaves
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp. lemon zest
2 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 egg yolk
2/3 cup Panko
Lemon wedges, for serving

1- Preheat oven to 425
2- Peel, devain and butterfly the shrimp, leaving the tails on. Place the shrimp in a mixing bowl and toss gently with the olive oil, wine, 2 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp. pepper. Allow to sit at room temperature while you make the butter and garlic mixture.
3- In a small bowl, mash the softened butter with the garlic, shallots, parsley, rosemary, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk, panko, 1/2 tsp. slat, and 1/4 tsp of pepper until combined.
4- Starting from the outer edge of a baking dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer cut side down with the tails curling up and towards the center of the dish. Pour the remaining marinade over the shrimp.
5- Crumble the butter mixture evenly over the shrimp.
6- Bake for 10-12 minutes until hot and bubbly. If you like the top browned, place under the broiler for a minute or so. Serve with lemon wedges.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ When preparing this I split it up between two 8x8 dishes. It was enough for Sam and I for one meal. Shrimp isn't my favorite rewarmed so I didn't want to have any leftovers.
~ I think next time I make this I will make add less of the panko. I found myself scraping a lot of it off which to me seemed like a waste of ingredients.

**Freezer Instructions**
~ You make this the exact same way as directed above. Put it in a freezer safe, oven safe container and freeze.
~ Thaw it out before baking and bake as directed above (425 for 10-12 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...