Monday, June 11, 2012

Italian Burgers



Who doesn't love a good old fashioned Italian burger?! I'm pretty sure I make mine just like most people but this is the way I personally like to have them.
I like to switch up having plain old burgers sometimes so this is how I usually do it. We eat a lot of hamburgers in our home so I have to find different ways of loading up that bun to make it different every time.


Good buns (For GF, just use your favorite brand)
Hamburger Patties
Italian seasoning (I love the McCormick grinder)
Sliced onion (1 slice for each burger)
Provalone cheese (")
Pizza sauce

1. Get your grill heated and cleaned.
2. Season your hamburger patties with salt, pepper, and italian seasoning. It helps to give it a nice massage so that it doesn't all fall off when you get it cooking.
3. Place your patties on the grill (med-high heat) and cook till it is almost done.
4. When meat is almost done top with a slice of cheese and let it get nice and melty.
5. While the cheese is melting, place each slice of onion on the grill and let it get nice and charred.
6. Also, stick your buns on the grill at the same time to get them nice and toasty.
7. Pull everything off and assemble, this one isn't to hard to figure out but this is how I like to do mine:
~Bottom bun
~Tiny bit of pizza sauce
~Meat, with cheese
~Grilled onion (1-2 slices depending on how much you like onions)
~Lots of pizza sauce
~Top bun

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I usually use jarred pizza sauce but if I don't happen to have any on hand then I use my favorite marinara sauce instead.
~ There are gluten free buns out there that could be substituted in as well as dairy free cheese. I personally have never had a good dairy free cheese, but if you have one you like, by all means...trade away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...