Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Creamy Cilantro Dressing

I can't believe that in my many rantings and ravings about me missing and loving my precious El Pollo Loco that I forgot to post this very very delicious recipe I found online for their creamy cilantro dressing. I'll tell you what...I could order their little itty bitty Loco Salads every single day  and never EVER get tired of it. Anyway, this recipe isn't EXACT,but it tastes pretty darn good regardless.
If anybody does happen to have the EXACT recipe they use and want to share it with me....I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER! BUT--until then, this is close enough!


1 cup mayo
1/4-1/3, cup buttermilk (for desired thickness)
4 tsp. finely minced cilantro
1/4 cup crumbled cojita cheese
2 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. white wine vinegar
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. minced onion
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 jalapeno pepper
1/8 tsp. cumin

Blend everything together, cover and chill.
Makes about 1 1/4 cups

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ To make it like the Loco Salad, simply take a regular old salad mix, add a tiny bit of cilantro on top, shredded tortilla chips, extra cojita cheese, and of course the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...