Saturday, August 25, 2018

Philly Cheesesteak Goodness

I love everything about this recipe. Why is this philly cheeseteak recipe different than others? There is this sauce...a garlic aioli sauce...that is just pure heaven and pulls this entire sandwich together. The best part, other than it tasting fantastic, is that it is another incredibly easy and quick dish. I don't know about your house but once 4 PM hits my house becomes...well not so fun. The kids have had it for the day at that point so the fighting and whining is at an all time high and my nerves are fried. So when I can quickly chop up a few ingredients, throw them in the pan and have it done in under 30 minutes, it saves my sanity a little. I usually have to deconstruct this for my kids because they aren't sandwich fans but it's still always a win.


This recipe, along with MANY others, comes from one of my favorite food bloggers Damn Delicious.

1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 tablespoons butter
1 pound boneless chuck steak, thinly sliced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to tasted
1 onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper
4 hoagie rolls, toasted, for serving
1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese (I prefer to use Provolone)

1. Preheat oven to broil.

2. To make the garlic aioli, combine mayonnaise and garlic in a small bowl; set aside.

3. Melt butter in a medium cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add steak and cook until medium rare, about 5-6 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to a plate.

4. Add onion and bell peppers to skillet and cook until tender and golden, about 5-6 minutes.

5. To assemble the sandwich, generously spread garlic aioli inside each roll. Top with steak, onions and bell peppers, and cheese. Place into oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Like I mentioned above, I prefer to use Provolone cheese because I love it.
~ I also just use whatever kind of steak I am able to find on sale. The times for cooking it are going to completely depend on how thinly you sliced it and how your stove top cooks, so just cook it to your desired temp.
~I do sometimes just throw my roll, sliced, in the toaster oven and then after slightly toasted add the aioli and cheese. The meat and peppers mixture alone is enough to get the cheese mixture melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...