Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Chicken Avocado Ranch Burritos

I love easy meals. I love even better when those easy meals are semi-nutritious as well. This meal comes together in 15 minutes or less which makes it perfect for a busy weeknight. My whole family gobbles these babies up easily which is always a plus because whining at the table is a nerve killer at my house. The thing I love about this recipe is it takes basic California burrito flavors, combines them, and leaves room for you to be able to add your own flare as well.
Don't like avocado, leave it out. Want to add some rice, do it. Wanna change the dressing flavor, go right ahead. This particular ingredient list is just how I like to eat it.


The original recipe comes from Damn Delicious, who I love! I have never had a recipe from this site that I haven't liked.

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks or smaller
1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 burrito-size flour tortillas, 10 inches each
2 avocados, halved, peeled, seeded and diced
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Ranch dressing
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves

1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with taco seasoning. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until golden, about 3-4 minutes; set aside.

2. Heat tortillas according to package instructions. (I warm them in the microwave for about 10 seconds each to make them bendable)

3. Working one at a time, place chicken, avocado, cheese, Ranch and cilantro in the center of each tortilla. Bring the bottom edge of the tortilla tightly over the filling, folding in the sides. Continue rolling until the top of the tortilla is reached. Repeat with remaining tortillas.

4. Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Add burritos and cook, pressing gently with a spatula, about 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and the cheese has melted. (I also like to use my George Foreman to make it even faster)

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ You could also use boneless, skinless thighs in place of breasts.
~ A lot of people like sour cream in these as well, my family however hates sour cream so we are just fine with Ranch alone.
~ The above ingredient list is an estimate for how much you will need of cilantro, ranch, cheese, and avocado. Each burrito can be filled with however much of the ingredients you like.
~ In my kids burritos I usually chop up the chicken even smaller so they can easily take bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...