Monday, August 20, 2018

Grilled Pork Chops

As summer is drawing to a close I thought I would share my new favorite pork chop recipe. Summer food to me means grilled meat, fresh salads, veggies, and of course watermelon. This pork chop recipe is fantastic. Pretty much anything grilled is fantastic but the spice mixture on these chops is bomb (or bomb to the wigwam as my husband would say it). As soon as you get these babies on the grill the air is filled with the most amazing smell, I literally had to stop myself from smelling the marinade bag (kinda weird, don't judge). I like this recipe because it has a good balance of flavors from sweet to spicy.
*When I make it I don't add quite as much of the chili powder (I only do 1 tsp.) because my kids don't like spicy food. This still gives it a tiny bit of heat, but not to much for kids.


I got this recipe from a site called Plain Chicken (ironic because this is not a chicken recipe right?!)


6 thin center-cut pork chops
6 Tbsp packed brown sugar
3 Tbsp paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp onion powder
1-1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup BBQ sauce

1. Mix together brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.

2. Place pork chops in a ziplock bag. Add brown sugar mixture. Seal bag and shake to coat pork chops. Refrigerate 2 hours to overnight.

3. Remove pork chops from bag and grill until done, 4 to 5 minutes per side.

4. Brush pork chops with BBQ sauce on each side before removing from grill.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I personally did NOT do the bbq sauce at the end. I wanted to try it without the added sweetness and I am glad I didn't add it. I didn't think it was needed at all.
~ Like I mentioned above I only used 1 tsp instead of 2 tsp for the chili powder, because I didn't want it to be spicy for my kids. It was fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...