Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Garlic and Mushroom Quinoa

Wow! I apologize that it has been so long since I have posted any recipes. I got into a recipe slump and just kept making the same old things every week. This week I decided to break out some new recipes. I wanted to try out some new recipes that could be part of the Anti-Inflammatory Diet.
I seem to always have the same side dishes when I do cook those foods so I wanted to branch out a tiny bit. This time instead of making my normal plain old Basic Quinoa (which is great) I decided to throw in a couple other ingredients to jazz it up. It turned it great, and so versatile. 
Enjoy!

I found the original recipe through pinterest and it can be found here. I modified it for my personal needs and it came out great. I will only post how I cooked it.


1 cup quinoa
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste


1. In a large saucepan of 2 cups water (or chicken/vegetable broth), cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside. If your unsure of how to cook quinoa, check it out here.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, garlic and thyme, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in quinoa until well combined.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ I personally am not a SUPER huge fan of thyme so I did not add as much as this recipe calls for. I only ended up doing less then 1/4 tsp and it was PLENTY for me. You could also use rosemary instead of thyme or honestly just leave the spice out all together and just do the garlic and mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...