Monday, June 9, 2014

Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms

Sometimes the easiest of meals are ones you never really think about. I had never thought about posting a recipe for chicken with mushrooms but you never know, some people may have never thought to pair chicken and mushrooms together :)


The original idea for this recipe came from a Paleo Diet food blog.
I didn't end up doing my recipe the same as this person did BUT I do like to give credit to whoever game me the idea for how I cooked it.

4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (4-6 oz each)
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 Tbs coconut oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp fresh or dried rosemary leaves
2 white button or cremini mushrooms, sliced

Season chicken with sea salt and black pepper.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 Tbs coconut oil when pan is hot.
Add chicken and cook until internal temperature reaches 165° F, or until there is no pink in the center.
Meanwhile, add remaining coconut oil to a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add rosemary and garlic. Simmer together for 5 minutes.
Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes, or until mushrooms are browned. Season with sea salt and black pepper if desired.
Pour mushroom mixture over chicken to serve.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Again I cooked mine different so this is how I made mine and it was delish.
First of all I used bone in skin on chicken thighs (cuz lets be honest, they are way cheaper and I didn't want to take the time to take everything off)
Then I browned them skin side down in the coconut oil (to make the skin crispy) and then transferred them to a cookie sheet to bake in the oven.
I baked them at 350 for about 40 minutes (time WILL vary based on how big yours are. It could be anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour!)
Then I just made the "glaze" in the same pan I browned the chicken in. (I don't know if you can really call this a glaze unless you really use a LOT of the coconut oil. I would call it chicken with flavored mushrooms on top haha)
~ I actually didn't have any rosemary so I used thyme and it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...