Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Super Yummy Grilled Shrimp

Oh...my...goodness! I love shrimp. I love the grill. So why not grill shrimp?! Yes please!!! This recipe is so stinking good. Perfect for summer when its hot and you don't want to heat up your kitchen. These shrimp would be good in a taco or on a salad...we had them just how they were though.
The marinade on these shrimp is so amazing. I bet it would be good on chicken as well.
If you love shrimp as much as I do then you will absolutely love this recipe.




3 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
skewers

1.In a large bowl, stir together the garlic, olive oil, tomato sauce, and red wine vinegar. Season with basil, salt, and cayenne pepper. Add shrimp to the bowl, and stir until evenly coated. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
2.Preheat grill for medium heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
3.Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp on preheated grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ Make sure if you use the wooden skewers that you soak them in water for at least 15 minutes so that they don't start on fire on your grill.
~ I had my shrimnp marinate for about an hour and half and they were fantastic. I would say anything over an hour would be awesome but if you don't have that much time I would save some of the marinade out and baste your shrimp while its cooking.
~ I did only have one pound of shrimp but I made the full marinade...it covered them nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...