Tuesday, November 8, 2011

German Pancakes (Puffy Oven Pancakes)


Who doesn't love these things?! I don't know how many different ways there are to make this...but this is the recipe that I use and I seem to like it just fine. There are certain recipes of mine that I had growing up that I say "if it ain't broken don't fix it" This just happens to be one of those recipes.



1/4 cup butter
1 cup milk
6 eggs
3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt

1-While oven is preheating (350) put butter in baking dish and let it melt.
2- Meanwhile, beat remaning ingredients together in blender, or with a hand mixer.
3- When butter is melted, pour ingredients into pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

**Randi's Side Notes**
~ If the sides of the pancakes aren't really raised up out of the pan...I tend to leave it in for a few more mintues. I like to make sure that the edges are nice and golden brown while poking a least a couple inches out of the pan.
~ Make sure you check the middle before you pull it out to make sure its done as good as you like it.
~ I have personally tried making this with Unsweetened Almond Milk and using Almond flour to make it dairy and gluten free, it was okay. The pancake itself didn't rise as much and was a lot more dense and obviously had a slightly different flavor due to the almond milk. But it was still okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...