Thursday, December 18, 2014

Oven Fried Pork Chops

I love pork chops. Usually they are a decent price and cook pretty fast. I have always cooked my pork chops the same way, in a pan on the stove with salt and pepper. So I ventured out to find a new way to cook them and came across this beauty of a recipe. This is great. The spice flavors are fantastic and I love the crunch the breading gives them. This will definitely be in the rotation of recipes for me.

This recipe comes from my always favorite site Skinny Taste.


6 center cut boneless pork chops
 kosher salt
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup panko crumbs
1/3 cup crushed cornflakes crumbs
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a large nonstick baking sheet lightly with oil.

Season pork chops on both sides with 1/2 tsp kosher salt. Combine panko, cornflake crumbs, parmesan cheese, 3/4 tsp kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and black pepper in a large shallow bowl.

Place the beaten egg in another. Dip the pork into the egg, then crumb mixture.  Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chops.

Lightly spray top and bake in oven for 20 minutes.

**Randi's Side Notes **
- I didn't have sweet paprika so I just used regular paprika and it was great.
- The bake time is based on pork chops that are about 3/4 of an inch thick with fat trimmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...